Subject: New release of RiscBSD in progress...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/15/1997 14:25:36
Dear users,

Just to let everyone know what is happening on this front... We are
currently in the process of creating a full shared build of NetBSD.
This will be accomplished by using fully position independant shared
libraries. The average size of the distribution has reduced significantly
as a result.

The release will also, for the first time, make full use of a floating
point library throughout. This leads to a significant increase in the
speed of floating point calculations.

Hopefully, a more stable and smaller shared X11R6.3 build will also be
included.

As a result, we are looking for people to test this release: Although most
people on the list would no doubt be willing to do this :) we are looking
for some individuals who don't mind the possiblity of trashing things
left-right-and-centre (though this is highly unlikely as things _seem_ to
work well) but would be willing to give the release a thorough 'using.'
Could anyone interested in really thrashing it to death please drop me an
e-mail or give me a call (01235 528443). We should be moving on this next
week.

As an aside, the kernel will also feature faster cache cleans and some
other optimisations.

	Best wishes,

	Neil

--
Neil A. Carson
Marketing Director              Causality Limited (London, UK)