Subject: Re: GIMP
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olly Betts <olly@muscat.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/14/1997 17:09:35
In article <JAA26985@jarre.dra.hmg.gb>, Adrian Ian Skilling wrote:
>No, [the GIMP] no longer needs Motif. GNU have built their own toolkit into
>GIMP, called gtk.

It would be more accurate to say the GIMP developers have built their own
toolkit called gtk.  I believe it's usable under the GNU license, but wasn't
written by the FSF per se.

>It can also be used separately. Somebody has written
>a web browser that uses it. See the GIMP page -
>http://www.xcf.berkeley.edu/~gimp/

If you mean "gzilla", don't get too excited -- it's rather primitive at the
moment.  It is only at version 0.09 or so, so it's likely to improve in
time, but it's not yet an answer to not having a riscbsd version of Netscape.

Cheers,
Olly
--
Don't send a man to do a buoy's job.