Subject: Re: Stability II
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Brown <crp02@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/09/1997 20:17:21
On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Chris Cowdery wrote:

> All,

> 1) PS doesn't work, it gives the error 'proc size mismatch .....'
>    Do I need to download something else?.

In essence, yes - the 'proc size mismatch' error essentially means that a
structure inside the kernel has changed since the user programs using it
were compiled; these (ps, w, top, and a couple of others) need updating.

A patch set for a previous update was supplied, but I suspect that may
now also be out of date. If you have the source at hand, you need to
remake libkvm.old and kvm_mkdb, do a 'kvm_mkdb', then recompile ps, and so
on.  Otherwise, wait until a patch set appears...

No ideas on your other questions. Sorry.

Dan.