Subject: Re: Internal gcc errors
To: None <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: Chris Rutter <chris@collegium.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/08/1997 14:58:57
In message <9707081218.ZM15372@picasso.me.ic.ac.uk> you recently said:

> The only thing I can think of here is if you are running out of disk space to
> create the intermediate file. How much free space do you have in your /
> partition? If you have more disk space elsewhere try setting TMPDIR.

 Erm, I had about 25mb free on / at the time.

> >     lex monitor2.l
> >     gcc -O2 -DEXCLUDE_EXOTIC -DDEBUG -I. -I./z80 -I/usr/X11R6.1/include
> >     -DCSRG_BASED -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARRORPROTO -DMITSHM -DESCAPE=XK_Escape
> >     -DXZX_IF1 -DXZX_MF128 -DXZX_PLUS3 -DUSRLIBDIR=\"/usr/X11R6.1/lib/X11\"
> >     -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/xzx\" -UREGISTERED -c -o monitor2.o lex.yy.c
> >     gcc: unrecognised option `-O2'
>
> Hmm...

 Okay, call me dumb, but what's the difference between `gcc' and `cc' as
far as RiscBSD is concerned? Why doesn't gcc recognise the `-Ox' options?

> Hmm, not sure whether yylval is portable or not.

 Right. I'll scrounge Linux source tree for this.

> >  Also, another problem is that while `tputs', `tgets' (etc) are defined in
> > curses.h, they don't appear to exist in libcurses.a. Several `_tputs' exist,
> > but no actual `tputs'. So, I can't link lynx-2.7. Any help on this?
>
> I suspect that they're in one of the other libraries (libraries with term in
> the name are probably a good starting point).

 for i in /usr/lib/lib*; do echo $i; nm $i | grep tputs; done
 [several _tputs, no tputs]

 It's certainly not in any library I've got. Perhaps this is related to the
fact that the comp set I used (the one in the 1.2-release directory) didn't
expand `libm.a'...

> It is in the comp set. I just pulled it out of the 1.2 release dir on the ftp
> site and checked. Its too big to sensibly send by email.
>
> bash$ cat comp.?? | gzip -dc - | tar tvf - | grep libm.a
> r--r--r--   2/2   Sep 30 21:59 1996 usr/lib/libm.a

 Okay, thanks. Must be something playing up.

Cheers,
Chris.
--
 // Chris Rutter <chris@fluff.org>