Subject: Re: Internal gcc errors
To: None <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: Chris Rutter <chris@collegium.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/07/1997 21:01:08
In message <9707071811.ZM14435@picasso.me.ic.ac.uk> you recently said:

> Right, in that case can you email me a copy of the offending file preprocessed
> with gcc -E plus the normal flags so I can try to reproduce the problem.

 Ah -- an interesting result! The new pre-processed .c file came out fine,
an interestingly enough, gcc'ing that works fine (so long as datasize has
been `unlimit'ed). So, so long as the thing is split into a `two-pass'
operation, one gcc -E and then gcc -c (and later linking), it appears
to be fine. Still want the file?

 However, I ran out of luck on the next file in `Makefile'. The output is
as follows:

    lex monitor2.l
    gcc -O2 -DEXCLUDE_EXOTIC -DDEBUG -I. -I./z80 -I/usr/X11R6.1/include
    -DCSRG_BASED -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARRORPROTO -DMITSHM -DESCAPE=XK_Escape
    -DXZX_IF1 -DXZX_MF128 -DXZX_PLUS3 -DUSRLIBDIR=\"/usr/X11R6.1/lib/X11\"
    -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/xzx\" -UREGISTERED -c -o monitor2.o lex.yy.c
    gcc: unrecognised option `-O2'
    monitor2.l: In function `yylex':
    monitor2.l:90: `yylval' undeclared (first use this function)
    *** Error code 1

 So apparently some lex header file is missing or something. However, not
having any clues about this, could someone tell me exactly what I need to
do to fix this?

 Also, another problem is that while `tputs', `tgets' (etc) are defined in
curses.h, they don't appear to exist in libcurses.a. Several `_tputs' exist,
but no actual `tputs'. So, I can't link lynx-2.7. Any help on this?

 Finally, can someone *please* mail me the libm.a file so I can compile
xpaint (it needs `sin', `cos' and others)!

Cheers,
Chris.
--
 // Chris Rutter <chris@fluff.org>