Subject: Re: Stability
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/07/1997 09:57:02
Chris Cowdery writes:
 > Hi,

[ stability problem SNIPed ]

 > Am I the only person with this problem?.

Probably not...

 > (My hardware is a standard RiscPC600 with a SA-110 upgrade and
 > 40Mb of RAM, 2Mb of VRAM and a 1.2GB IDE HDD.)

Erm. try removing your 8MB SIMM.

Back in the dim and distant past I had intermittent problems under
RiscBSD that started when I added a 16MB SIMM to my original
8MB. Everything was fine under RO...

I decline to speculate on the cause ;-).

 > Does anyone have any comments or suggestions on where I can start
 > looking to track down this problem.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Chris.

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"Around 200 American tom-boys discovered the very same vaccine, I'm