Subject: Coloured Bars
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: S.J. Borrill <sjb42@cus.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/18/1997 17:15:18
What do the coloured bars during initial startup correspond to? I've just
done another installation onto a RiscPC I bodged up with Issue1
motherboard, ARM 710, RISC OS 3.6, 16MB DRAM, 2MB VRAM, EtherB and 850MB
Conner drive. The machines is now always hanging at the fourth bar (light
blue). I've tried swapping VRAM, DRAM, processor, network card as well as
a variety of kernels from 4554 right up to the 140597 kernel from the
autobuild. The kernels have been tried both native and non-native. It did
work a few times and was stable when it had booted. It has just booted up
now after about 15 tries, but it'll be the same if I reboot.

Stephen Borrill