Subject: Re: Can't compile anything sucessfully
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Dicks <steve@starswan.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/16/1997 19:19:06
In message <9706161432.ZM7560@picasso.me.ic.ac.uk> you recently said:

> Have you made sure you don't have any silly resource limits (limit/unlimit in
> csh, ulimit in sh/bash)? The NetBSD default limits are IMHO silly and they can
> cause gcc to keel over if you don't know about them.
>
> Otherwise, could you give slightly more diagnostic information?

Ok, what I mean is that anything (complicated) doesn't appear to run without
generating errors (unable to write to memory page). GCC actually works fine
(in that it completes) but I can't run the result reliably. The two major
things I've tried:

1) GnuChess 4.075 with Xboard 3.40 crashes the moment it leaves its book
2) Samba 1.9.16

I know this isn't a very representative sample, but it seemed that I had
something fundamentally wrong with my setup for neither of these to work
when all the installed sets appear to be fine.

--
Steve Dicks - Starswan Systems Ltd
Hertfordshire's premier one-man Systems Consultancy