Subject: Re: Problem with sa110-4958 kernel
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Hughes <tom@compton.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/16/1997 23:05:23
In message <Pine.GSO.3.95.970615231345.980A-100000@fm3>
          "Neil A. Carson" <neil@causality.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Tom Hughes wrote:
>
> > child process executing a trivial one line script) and the
> > child never exited. Subsequently i've seen the same problems
> > with various things including gcc and various combinations
> > of sh and perl.
>
> Can you quantify as to whether or not the processes really are hanging,
> or just running _very_ slowly? There are some known problems with older
> hardware revisions that will sometimes slow things down to a crawl, and
> there''s little or nothing that can realistically be done about this.
> This may be a separate problem, though, so I'll shut up :-)

Well the process seems to be running - it's using > 90% CPU in
fact, most of it as system time.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by older hardware revisions
though - this is a fairly recent RiscPC (just over a year old
now, certainly a newer motherboard with the 16 bit sound).

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.demon.co.uk)
http://www.compton.demon.co.uk/