Subject: Re: Can't compile anything sucessfully
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/16/1997 14:32:22
On Jun 16, 12:01am, Steve Dicks wrote:
> Subject: Can't compile anything sucessfully
> I'm currently having great difficulty compiling anything and then getting
> it to run against a recent kernel (VOY-5328, thankyou Mark B. for VERY
> quick EtherM support). ps also reports a different proc size, which to
> me says that I'm adrift somewhere between the kernel and the various
> libraries & headers, but I can't find any updates to these. I'm running
> a standard 1.2 set apart from the kernel on an SA-RPC. Can anyone give
> me any pointers to where to look?

Have you made sure you don't have any silly resource limits (limit/unlimit in
csh, ulimit in sh/bash)? The NetBSD default limits are IMHO silly and they can
cause gcc to keel over if you don't know about them.

Otherwise, could you give slightly more diagnostic information?

On the subject of ps there isn't a version available which matches very recent
kernels (AFAIK). I would imagine this will be put right within a few weeks.

Cheers

Rob