Subject: Re: Installation Difficulties!
To: Sparkers <stevehobbs@enterprise.net>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/14/1997 13:55:39
On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Sparkers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have now got the CD, and began installation this morning,
> no problems up to the point where I boot, and try to note down
> the harddisc info.
> The atapi code dumps so much debugging code to the screen that I don't
> get a chance to see it, and the /kern/msgbuf file does not have the data in.
> The voy4656 kernel supplied on the floppy fails on my SA110.
> Any clues what to do?
> My machine is:
> SA110, Fujitsu 1.7GB IDE disc (ADFS::4)
> ATAPI CD.
Voyager kernels of that vintage do not support the StrongARM. Look for a
kernel on the CD with the prefix sa110 or sa to install on SA as at this
time special SA kernels were required.Alternatively put the old arm
processor back in for the upgrade.

New voyager kernels do support the SA but AFAIK not ATAPI CD-ROM drives.

Mike
--
Mike Pumford   | Home: mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk