Subject: Digital Network Appliance board vs. NetBSD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wes Peters <wes@dayna.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/10/1997 19:55:27
My partner and I are acquiring a couple of the Digital "network appliance"
boards to evaluate the performance of the SA-110 for embedded applications.
I am an experience UNIX, most recently FreeBSD, programmer but am not
familiar with the NetBSD organization.

Can anyone here at "port-arm32" tell me where I can obtain information
about the NetBSD release for the DNA board?  Can it be built from NetBSD
release code, or are there bits and pieces that must be obtained specially
for the DNA board?

Also, can anyone tell me if X11 has been ported to the VGA controller on
this board?  I supposed this is really more a question for the folks
at XFree86, but I'm not sure they would be interested in an SA-110 based
system, and feel certain *someone* at NetBSD will know.

Any help gratefully accepted.  Sorry if these questions are inappropriate
on this mailing list, I'll gladly move on if someone can give me a lead.
--
Wes Peters                          It was a diamond as big as the Ritz
Software Engineer                  What you gonna do with this, tell me