Subject: Re: GCC 2.7.2.1 and register variables
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/09/1997 22:05:53
jasper@navaho.co.uk wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> >Anyone
> >know a sup server in the uk? co.uk or ac.uk?
>
> sup.netbsd.org works for me - i recommend the compress option tho ;-)

Ok thanks, I'll try it when I sort out pppd (this weekend)

> >I hope that some of the problems in the present makefiles are gone :)
>
> you should really send-pr, it's garanteed to get to the right person then.

Didn't see the point as the Makefiles I was using were 2-3 weeks old,
plus I've not got a netbsd machine, so don't know how to send-pr
without. Especially as they've been under going lots of change.

I may send one about bsd.own.mk not setting NOPIC for arm32 (although
this will hopefully change soon)

> >Something I did miss off the guide as it's more a system management
> >problem is that lo0 didn't ifconfig with the new /etc files, cure was to
> >make a file called /etc/ifconfig.lo0 and put 'inet localhost' into it.
> >(may not be right but it works :)
>
> this didn't happen when i upgraded my /etc about a wek and a half ago, so
> it's fixed in the tree. (but /etc/security get confused with -username
> ignore-in-the-nis-maps entrys in /etc/passwd guess i'll be finding out how
> to send-pr too.)

Ahh, hehe looks like I choose to get the src tree at the wrong time ;)

Thanks,

Chris

PS has anyone else been getting a bouncing mail from the list?  probably
sent to someone on the list, who's changed/left email address.