Subject: Re: GCC 2.7.2.1 and register variables
To: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/09/1997 12:24:17
Ale Terlevich wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Chris Gilbert wrote:
>
> > Also is anyone interested in having a set for gcc 2.7.2.2, not sure what
> > if any are the changes but it might make a difference.
>
>   IIRC the differences only affect Linux. NetBSD upgraded to 2.7.2.2 so
> that we wouldn't be left behind linux in the version race :).

So I heard but, libg++ didn't compile without the new gcc so maybe
there's some small change

>  BTW, your guide to upgrading to -current is excellent!  I just have to
> find a disk to try it on now!

Thanks.

You don't really need a disk, just happened I have a new HD, that was
empty and kept my old one running riscbsd until I got current running,
you just need to have a dir for it.

You do need lots of space though, somewhere in the region of 200MB I
think, depending on what you compile.  I plan to get the new current
source soon, but haven't had time, when I do I'll do an updated guide,
I hopefully will get sup running along with pppd (any hints?)  Anyone
know a sup server in the uk? co.uk or ac.uk?

I hope that some of the problems in the present makefiles are gone :)

Something I did miss off the guide as it's more a system management
problem is that lo0 didn't ifconfig with the new /etc files, cure was to
make a file called /etc/ifconfig.lo0 and put 'inet localhost' into it.
(may not be right but it works :)

Thanks,

Chris