Subject: Re: trying to compile nearly -current libc
To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@navaho.co.uk>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/09/1997 10:04:28
Jasper Wallace writes:

 > jasper@quatermass:/usr/src/lib/libc/> make all
 > cc -O -DNLS -DYP -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -DFLOATING_POINT   -c /usr/src/lib/libc/yp/xdryp.c
 > collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
 > /usr/bin/real-ld: warning: this program uses xdr_domainname(), which is deprecated and buggy.
 > /usr/bin/real-ld: warning: this program uses xdr_peername(), which is deprecated and buggy.
 > /usr/bin/real-ld: warning: this program uses xdr_mapname(), which is deprecated and buggy.
 > *** Error code 127
 >
 > Stop.
 >
 > jasper@quatermass:/usr/src/lib/libc/> ld -v
 > collect2 version 2.7.2 (ARM/NetBSD)
 > /usr/bin/real-ld -v
 > ld version cygnus-2.4.1 (with BFD cygnus-2.3)
 >
 > (gdb'ing the core dump didn't do anything usefull, unless someone knows what
 > #0  0x1844c in ?? () does)
 >
 > is this the point where i wait for the new toolchain to appear? ;-)
 >
 > (i was compiling libc for the md5 stuff which is wanted by the new xntp
 > stuff 'cos i wanted to use xntpd and ntpdate. Oh well back to rdate)
 >
 > Oh. bsd.lib.mk trys to -fpic everything and to produce lib.so.0.0's which
 > dies a little.
 >
 > but at least i've got pine, procmail, and exim working nicely together ;-)

This is an obscure problem, but there is a work around. Edit the
offending file removing some of the __warn_references() calls. The
linker seems to be fine with one or two, but dies with a few more...

 > Jasper Wallace - Recovering Pre-Proto PFY (without the Pimples)

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"A superlative suggestion, sir, with just two minor flaws. One, we don't