Subject: Re: VLSI RC7500 Port
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/02/1997 14:32:36
On Jun 2,  9:56pm, Graham Gallagher wrote:
> Subject: VLSI  RC7500 Port
> I have the desire to bring up RiscBSD on a VLSI RC7500 motherboard.
> I understand it is supported in the RiscBSD source tree. Has anyone
> attempted this task, and if so have they any helpful advice or existing
> work they can share with me ?

RiscBSD was ported to the RC7500 by VLSI. As far as I know the person who was
doing it left VLSI about a year ago and things haven't been touched since. This
means that a current kernel will probably not work straight off but it should
only require minor tweaking to get it working as most of the hard work has
already been done.

I would direct you contact Mark Brinicombe, but he tends to be very busy so if
you would like to contact me by email for any information you need I will try
to handle it and if necessary pass the query on to Mark. Note that since we are
doing this in our spare time any help we can give you will be as and when we
can spare the time. If you are looking for a more commercial level of support
you should contact Causality Limited on +44 (0) 181 930 7408

Cheers

Rob