Subject: Re: More RapIDE problems
From: Peter Naulls <pnaulls@wave.co.nz>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/02/1997 10:00:29

> The method I've employed is to ignore the 2 drives that are being used
> for riscbsd (note I've got 3 drives, one for risc-os, the others are
> riscbsd)  and not tell rapier about them, rerun bb_riscbsd on the drives
> and you'll get it booting, note no more native boots.
>
> If you've got one drive I'd suggest making a floppy boot disk for
> risc-os, and include the rapier software on it.  Then setup the risc-os
> partition on the drive, run bb_riscbsd, and you can boot to riscbsd.
> When you've finished in riscbsd you'll reboot, and need the floppy
> disk.  then run rapier and reset the risc-os partition. and lo you'll
> have your riscos part, reboot and you'll be able to boot of HD for
> risc-os.

I've got 2 drives and a CDROM.  My final solution was to have the RadIDE
ignore the second drive under RiscOS.  This does mean I can't use
the first 5Mb of that drive which has the booting s/w, but I'll work
for now.

> Ahh the beloved 30 second timeout on the internal interface they said to
> me they had a fix and were going to send me it (time to get on the phone
> again!)  And yes the manual is kind of unclear at points, the best bit
> is the way it asked me where to install the software, I think hmm on my
> hard-disc, it thinks nope I've just unplugged the driver modules lets
> give an error and hide the HD's (had to install from a ram disc, and put
> rapier onto floppy!!!!)

I plugged both drives into the rapide, then realised the s/w had to
be installed somewhere, so ended up putting one of the drives back on
the internal in the meantime - very messy.

Thanks for your help, Peter

--
| Peter Naulls                            | Acorn Risc PC 700  *ARM Powered*  |