Subject: More RapIDE problems
From: Peter Naulls <pnaulls@wave.co.nz>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/01/1997 13:55:24
I've just realised I've lost my RiscBSD partiton to my new RapIDE
card - looks like the installer has done something to the bootblock
 - erk.. Has anybody got a fix for this, or, at the very least,
 some way to recover some of the information?

I am seriously pissed off at Yellowstone - not only because of this,
but because I had to hack my setup to even get my internal IDE interface
to talk to my CDROM, and because the instruction manual which comes
with the card is next to useless in terms of installation instructions.

Be warned anybody, you risk losing data if you get a RapIDE.
I will of course be telling Yellowstone very specifically how I feel.

On a lighter note, how likely is it for the Oak recorder to be
supported under RiscBSD?  I'm currently trying to dig up info on it for
RiscOS, so I could probably help anybody if it was done :)
I realise of course that proper sound support needs to be done for
RiscBSD, but still :)

--
| Peter Naulls                            | Acorn Risc PC 700  *ARM Powered*  |