Subject: Re: EtherM
To: Dave J Thorn <dave@axa.co.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1997 16:36:10
On Wed 28 May, Dave J Thorn wrote:

> On Tue, 27 May 1997, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> Neil,
> 	While I respect the fact that the RiscBSD people (AKA Causality)
> have other things to do, can I ask about the (new) EtherH driver. People
> have been talking about a new version for some time and I was wondering
> when it will get released, surely if it has been written it can just be
> merged into the source tree ? ie Why the month wait ?
>
> 	Please explain where I've gone wrong here,

The main issue here, is one of timescales. There are a huge number of changes
waiting to be placed into the free NetBSD tree. The ARM sub-tree (twig?) will
change beyond recognition. As it stands, we don't want to merge any new drivers
(which fit into the new, machine independant way of doing things) into the
existing tree until all of these changes have been committed. This is due to
happen in a month or so.

	Neil

--
Neil A. Carson
Marketing Director              Causality Limited (London, UK)