Subject: Re: Problems installing RiscBSD
To: None <jobroin@madge.com>
From: Simon Middleton <smiddleton@acorn.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1997 14:12:58
On Wed 28 May, Scott Stevens wrote:
> Jason O'Broin Desktop-SP writes:

>  > I've set termination on the Cumana adapter (done from software), but
>  > there
>  > doesn't appear to be any termination on the Sony CDU-561 CD ROM drive
>  > (its one that came out of an old MEU unit), and none of the jumpers at
>  > the
>  > rear of the drive enable termination.
>
> I'm unfamiliar with this unit, but it's likely to be unterminated if
> it was in the MEU.

I think the 561 and similar can have termination on them but it's done by
actually inserting resistor packs. There should be two single row sockets on
the top back edge of a dozen or so pins each. These each take a resistor
pack.

Note this is from memory and may not quite correspond to the real world. I'm
not quite sure where you'd get the resistor packs if you don't already have
them.

Simon.
--
Simon Middleton, Senior Software Engineer          Tel: +44 (0) 1223 725576
Acorn Technologies and Engineering Division        WWW: http://www.acorn.co.uk/