Subject: Re: EtherM
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Dave J Thorn <dave@axa.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/28/1997 00:46:18
On Tue, 27 May 1997, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> On Tue 27 May, Thomas Hoenl wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > Maybe I missed something, is there/will there be a driver for the
> > ANT EtherM? Are there any known problems/bugs (like EtherH).
> >
> > There is nothing mentioned at the RiscBSD page.
>
> We have a working driver for EtherM, which will be released sometime
> fairly soon. We've also got some of the I-Cubed cards covered, and
> these will all appear in time, probably with a whole host of new things
> in a month or so.

Neil,
	While I respect the fact that the RiscBSD people (AKA Causality)
have other things to do, can I ask about the (new) EtherH driver. People
have been talking about a new version for some time and I was wondering
when it will get released, surely if it has been written it can just be
merged into the source tree ? ie Why the month wait ?

	Please explain where I've gone wrong here,

		Yours,

			Dave Thorn
			(Who managed to write a largish X application
			with the EtherH dirve going belly up every hour or so.)