Subject: Re: Status & adding drives
To: None <d.ferguson@worc.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/27/1997 16:02:39
d.ferguson@worc.ac.uk wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I was just wondering what the current status of RiscBSD is now the
> wakefield show is over - how are things progressing (this mailing
> list seems quieter than ever these days...)

> And also, i am about to recieve a 9gig SCSI 2 disk to set up in a
> RiscPC to set up the college news service - how do i add it into the
> system and set where it is to be mounted (ie formatting, lines in
> fstab, etc).

Work out which drive it'll become (eg sd0, sd1, sd2 ) check that /dev
contains the rsd*a-g files, and sd*a-g files, if it doesn't you'll need
to do sh MAKEDEV sd*  where * is the drive number.  Not sure how you
disklabel a wd, but I think you should be able to use a similair method
as you did for the first install, I think you also need to run newfs
(try looking at the install script, it might give you the pointers to
what you need to run) once you've got the drive partitioned as needed
you need to alter /etc/fstab to where you want the new drive mounting,
it'll probably look something like this:

/dev/wd1a	/	ffs	rw	1 1
/dev/wd1e	/var	ffs	rw	1 2
/dev/wd1f	/usr	ffs	rw	1 2
/dev/wd2a	/new	ffs	rw	1 2
/dev/wd2e	/new/var	ffs	rw	1 2
/dev/wd2f	/new/usr	ffs	rw	1 2

You'll need to make sure that the dirs exist for the mount points.

> If anyone has any experiance with INN and can make any suggestions
> about the best way to set the system up for a full news feed i would
> be grateful.

Sorry can't help on INN.

cheers
chris