Subject: Re: RiscPC serial number read, how ?
To: Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/23/1997 19:10:17
On Fri, 23 May 1997, Peter Berg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can someone give me a advice how I can read the serial number of the RiscPC
> either from within a device driver or from a program running in the userspace ?
>
> At which address is the serial number stored ?

Currently the only way to find the RiscPC serial number is to look at the
bootconfig structure. However this is RiscPC specific and will not work on
non RiscPC systems (see machine/bootconfig.h)
Note: The bootconfig.h will be undergoing some changes shortly as the
arm32 sources are restructured to completely separate the riscpc specific
bits from the arm specific bits.

What is needed is some code that will read the ID directly from the dallas
ID chip via the IOMD.

Cheers,
				Mark