Subject: Re: Compiling sup for Linux
To: Olly Betts <olly@muscat.co.uk>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/23/1997 18:14:06
On Fri, 23 May 1997, Olly Betts wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> I've just been fighting hard to try to get sup compiled on Linux (so I can sup
> sources onto a machine at work, then transfer them home).  I used supkit.tar.gz
> from ftp.netbsd.org.
>
> After some light hacking to get Linux's <bsd/signal.h> to work, I hit
> ffilecopy.c which assumes lots about the internals of the FILE structure.
> Before I get any more enmeshed, is there a better set of sources to start
> from?

have you looked at the FreeBSD source? i suspect you'll have exactly the
same problems, but ISTR that sup came from them...

> with no success.  Also, is there a "NetBSD FAQ"?  All I found was a page which
> said "Nothing here yet!"

http://quatermass.ivision.co.uk/RiscBSD/stuff.html has links to
``[comp.unix.bsd]_NetBSD,_FreeBSD,_and_386BSD_(0.1)_FAQ'' - at the moment it
downloads new versions whenever they change on rtfm.mit.edu - this will
change tommorow/tonight since quatermass is leaving ivision and all the
stuffs going onto a virtual server on another machine (the url's will stay
the same but may go a bit flaky as the dns updates it self..)

--
I've got a
		 *Universal Turing Machine*