Subject: IDE card drivers
From: Daniel Blueman (5) (CURRICULUM) <5DBLUEMAN@qeliz.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/22/1997 09:26:00
Hi,

>> I have an old Desktop Projects IDE card in my RPC for which RBSD has
no driver
>> (I am not surprised). If I tracked down the cards specs, would it be fairly
>> easy to hack the ADFS driver to match my IDE card? How much detail do
I need to
>> know about the card? I'm a compatent coder, but have never written anything
>> like this. And I can't spell.

>Ok adding new IDE drivers is quite simple as the main part of the IDE
>driver is generic and you just need card attach functions.

>The basic info needed is

>addresses of drive registers for primary connector
>addresses of drive regisyers for secondary connector (if present)
>addresses of aux status registers

>address of interrupt enable register and bit pattern
>address of interrupt status register and bit pattern

No problem.

It is easily possible to get all the information you require. (If you
have
RiscOS 3.5+).
I have written a neat little program which whips out the information for
any expansion card, including all the technical info. It uses one of the
newer Podule SWIs to get all the required information.

I can email you it tomorrow. (As I am at college)

Thanks,
Daniel Blueman