Subject: Re: New CD
To: Jonathan Scott <J.C.Scott@open.ac.uk>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/21/1997 19:59:55
Jonathan Scott writes:
 > Thanks
 >
 > I have passed go, but have not yet collected #200.!

Well it's a start.

 > Fisrt problem - not an ATPAI drive after all!

Ah, then you will have problems.

 > Second problem - was using fd0a as my root device instead of rd0a

Yup that should be in the install.txt

 > Third problem - was unsure about the "" in the ramdisc statement

I should have had a comment after that, the reason the quotes were
used was to emphasize the fact that the options are space seperated.

 > Fourth -problem installing the sets ! will re read the suggestions now
 > will let you know!

You might have problems, since you can't mount the CD from RiscBSD
then you can't recreated the missing sets (install.sup). If you're
really keen you could examine /var/inst/install/<set>.files under
RiscOS and copy the relevant files by hand using unixfs (not
recommended).

Could you borrow an ATAPI cdrom for the installation ? This might be
the easiest option.

 > Thanks
 >
 > Jon

PS If someone's got an SLCD drive and podule that they've retired and
are no longer using, would they be willing to lend/donate it to
RiscBSD (Note not Causality) ?

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
Chandler: [to Joey] "If you tried something like that on my birthday,