Subject: Re: Grabbing X screenshots for use in RiscOS
To: Dave J Thorn <dave@axa.co.uk>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/21/1997 10:29:34
> Says it all really ... I need to grab X windows to drop as sprites (or
> whatever) into Publisher.
>
> Anyone can help ?

 Take a look at xwd. It can grab a window including colourmap.

You'll probably need xv too to convert from xwd format to something
!changefsi will read. xv can also grab windows, but I think it has
problems if the window you're grabbing has its own private colourmap.

  Hope this helps!

Ale

P.s.  xwd is a standard X prog. If you have X you should have xwd. You
can even run it remotely (yet another good reason for checking X security
carefuly).  xv is available as a set on the RiscBSD ftp site.