Subject: New release cd
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Scott <J.C.Scott@open.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/20/1997 23:49:21
Hi, I just bought the CD at Wakefield and was having trouble with
it up after a harddisc failure etc. I am failing to get past first base
in that I have yet to succeed in running the install script. I have a
cumana ide cd rom drive 300i. If I follow the modified  instructions I
get a panic message failing to mount the root. This may not be
suprising since the ATAPI driver is on the floppy! I wanted to make a
bootable floppy but could not find the files on the disc so I
downloaded from the net. I created a floppy. When using this I get a
lot further but the after I do get fd0 soft errorsfollow by a four
digit number (which seems different every time), after entering the /
and /swap partition size I get rd0 read only file system errors, and
the script terminates without partitioning the disc. I saw the note
about options and adding "ramdisc=1440k" but so far no improvement.

I hope someone could enlighten me

Thanks

Jon