Subject: Re: Digital NC (was: Wakefield show)
To: Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/20/1997 21:20:13
Hullooo,

On Tue 20 May, Peter Berg wrote:

> Will the NC be able to run a complete RiscBSD including X-windows so that it
> can be used the same way under BSD as currently the RiscPC's ? I'm not
> intrested in any kind of NC OS, I like to know whether it would be possible to
> run it with RiscBSD or with a customized NetBSD/arm32 so that I either can use
> it as a fast SA-110 diskless workstation, netbooted X-terminal or even with a
> customized NetBSD version for a completly diffrent kind of usage then a NC
> (spectrum analyzer or a kind of 'set-top-box'-style application with
> selfwritten software).
>
> Is there something like the RiscPC console device on it or is it even
> compatible to the existing console driver on the RPC ?
>
> If this is not the case and it will only be a NC, then I forget about it :(

NetBSD for the Shark will be available as standard, including X Windows.
It will have (indeed, has) a console on it. I also believe that Rob plans
to port his console to it at some stage too. You can thus use it for whatever
you want!

	Neil

--
Neil A. Carson
Marketing Director              Causality Limited (London, UK)