Subject: Re: NetBSD/arm32 improvements [was Re: Wakefield show]
To: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
From: Philip Blundell <pjb27@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/20/1997 21:51:02
On Tue, 20 May 1997, Chris Gilbert wrote:

> Anything I said is my opinion/guesswork, ie shared libs will be out with
> 2.8, which rumour has that it is out in a month, this rumour taken from
> another mailing list.  And is not what any of the RiscBSD team said,

Regardless of where it came from, that rumour is probably false.  Nobody,
even those of us who are on the gcc2 list, knows when gcc 2.8 will be out
other than "when it's ready", and it's probably not a good idea to
speculate when that will be.

You can often get patches against 2.7.2.2 to do specific things in any
case, so waiting for 2.8 isn't obligatory.

p.