Subject: rpc.rstatd error
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Duncan Ferguson <d.ferguson@worc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/20/1997 11:49:06
A question for the gurus out there.

Recently the college put in an snmp server to monitor all routers and
hubs on the network.  Currently is also sees my rpc running NetBSD
and asks it for info.

I get an error on the screen (and in the logs) saying
'rpc.rstatd[proc no.]: can't get namelist'

Any ideas why it throws up this error?  There is nothing in the man
pages about a namelist and i would rather not have to turn the rpc
stuff off to remove the error.

Any ideas?

 Many thanks,

  Duncs.

| Duncan Ferguson               Network Support Officer |
|         Worcester College of Higher Education         |
| My views are not necessarily supported by the college |
|                And who can blame them?                |