Subject: NFS mount permission denied
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@chadwyck.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/19/1997 09:36:38
Does this sound like a problem with RiscBSD or is it my unix knowledge and or
Linux box?

I am trying to mount an NFS directory which resides on my Linux box.
I have the network up and running. I have used xhost on the linux box to allow
access to the riscpc. I have made sure that the correct entry is in /etc/exports
(I think).

I used /usr/local/sbin/rcm to say that I want to mount an NFS drive. It seems to
be ok. I can even run a "mount -a" without any error messages.

However when I try doing an ls on the mountpoint I get a "permission denied"
error. (Yes I did a "chmod a+rwx" on both mounted directory and the mount
point).

(Yes I rebooted both systems several times)

PS I don't think the instructions I printed out stressed how useful
/usr/local/sbin/rcm  is. It made things quite easy - though not as easy as with
the graphical sys admin tools on the Linux box.

My System: SA RiscPC. 20Mb Ram, 1Mb VRAM, RiscBSD 1.2, Atomwide Ether 3, Kernel
47something. (I want to use my CD Rom drive because I burnt a Golddisk copy of
the ftp site).

Alex McLintock