Subject: RE: FW: Java stuff
To: 'Max Posthuma de Boer' <mpdeb@worldonline.nl>
From: Mirko VIDOVIC <mirko@cyberline.fr>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/16/1997 09:26:06
From:	Max Posthuma de Boer [SMTP:mpdeb@worldonline.nl]
Sent:	Thursday, May 15, 1997 10:34 PM
To:	Mirko VIDOVIC
Subject:	RE: FW: Java stuff

>> well no :
>> 1) Java has not been ported under RiscOS yet,
>> 2) The files'names are still limited to 10 chars
>> and don't wanna use Xfiles.
>But it works pretty well with !Longfiles.
>A Java Port for RiscBSD would be fine.
I might be a li'l "old fashion" but I really think
that I can't use JAVA elsewhere than under Unix.
I just *LOVE* RiscOS but as it isn't multithreading,
I don't think it'll be the right platform for Java.

Erm, I also doesn't really trust Apps like !Longfiles
as I had some crash when I tried them, long ago.

Cheers !
Mirko

mirko@cyberline.fr   http://www.cyberline.fr/Mirko   ICQ#918257
Though I work for Cyber[Line], it doesn't imply that any views
expressed in this message are similar to my employer's. Period.
Acorn / ARMada / Bass & guitar Playing / MIDI  composing / Anne