Subject: RiscBSD Survey
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/14/1997 16:27:57
In the interests of making RiscBSD as cool as possible we (the RiscBSD team,
not Causality limited) would like to know where to concentrate our efforts.
Please could you take a few minutes to answer these questions and return the
response to me (yes I know what this is going to do to my mailbox - for this
reason please try to keep the words 'RiscBSD Survey' somewhere in the subject
line so I can filter them)

Cheers

Rob

1) What hardware do you run RiscBSD on?

a) RiscPC (how many?)
b) A7000 (how many?)
c) RC7500 (how many?)
d) Other (list)

2) Do you use RiscBSD

a) At home (y/n)
b) At work (y/n)
c) Other (specify)

3) What processor(s) do you have?

a) ARM610 (y/n)
b) ARM700 (y/n)
c) ARM710 (y/n)
d) ARM7500 (y/n)
e) Standard Acorn release SA110 (y/n)
f) Other SA110 (please specify chip revision number)
g) Other (describe)

h) Do you have floating point hardware? (y/n)

4) What storage do you have?

a) How much RAM do you have (excluding VRAM)?
b) How much VRAM do you have?
c) How much IDE disk space do you have total?
d) How much of it is allocated to RiscBSD?
e) How much SCSI disk space do you have?
f) How much of it is allocated to RiscBSD?
g) If you use Acorn RiscOS what version do you use?
h) Do you have a CDROM drive? If so what type? (SLCD/ATAPI/SCSI)

5) Console

a) Do you use the text console much? (y/n)
b) Do you use X much? (y/n)
c) What monitor type do you have?
d) What text console mode(s) would you like to use? (please give x and y
resolution, number of bits per pixel and frequency)
e) What X mode(s) would you like to use?
f) On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the importance mouse cut and paste
on the text console (10 is highest priority)?
g) On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the importance of being able to
switch between multiple virtual terminals?
h) On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the importance of text console
scrollback?
i) On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the importance of programmable
keyboard maps?
j) On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the importance of programmable
fonts?
k) On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the importance of non-dumb-console
support?
l) On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the importance of anti-aliasing?
m) On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the importance of multi-byte
characters?

5) Drivers

a) Of the existing drivers which ones do you think require work the most
urgently (rate them on a scale of 1 to 10)?

b) What additional hardware would you like to see supported? (again rate it on
a scale of 1 to 10)

6) Other comments

If you have any additional comments you would like to make please do so.