Subject: Re: it's been a long time, this time...
To: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/13/1997 18:24:37
On Tue, 13 May 1997, Ale Terlevich wrote:

> On Tue, 13 May 1997 dah103@york.ac.uk wrote:
>
> > >   Basically, the message seems to be wait a week or so!
> >
> > > Ale.
> >
> > Far be it for me to seem pessemistic or anything, but that's what is
> > always said...
> >

>   But this is the first time that DIGITAL is paying for it. I imagine the
> question isn't so much wether it'll get done, it's when!

>From what I've heard it's done, (note this is all hearsay (sp)) but as I
imagine mark is busy working on commercial things he's not got that much
time to put things into the source tree.  I imagine that they'll be
teething probs as reliablity on the memory mappings, vidc, iomd (ioc), has
to be removed, as does the assumption of how the boot loader leaves
memory, and where to remap pages to.  (anyone who's looked at much of the
code in the arm32/arm32 dir will know what I mean)  However it sounds
promising I'll be there to see what they're is and will report back to
those that can't make it.

I hope to have a web page with details of the show up soon,  I aim to have
the updated and new web-pages finished by the show.  After which I hope to
do regular updates to them.

More on that later tonight.

Thanks,

Chris