Subject: Re: it's been a long time, this time...
To: Mirko VIDOVIC <mirko@cyberline.fr>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/13/1997 17:29:13
On Tue, 13 May 1997, Chris Gilbert wrote:

> Hi,
> welcome back,
>
> On Tue, 13 May 1997, Mirko VIDOVIC wrote:
>
> > hello there,
> > it's been a long time since I didn't get connected
> > to this list and I wanted to know what had happened
> > to RiscBSD since last Winter.
> >
> > so, what are the new bugfixes, the last updates,
> > I just downloaded sa110-4958 kernel, is it stabilized ?
>
> Can't think of many big ones, netbsd is being used in digitals SA
> net-computer prototype, which means some changes are going to filter
> through.  The latest kernels are in the auto-build dir btw.

  These changes will apparently be folded back into the source after the
Wakefield show, so I'd expect far more info on what's new next week!

> > I don't have ethernet card at this very moment, which one should I buy,
> > when I get a 10baseT NC (as client)?
>
> Not sure, never kept a close watch on the network cards..

  There are meant to be new ethernet card drivers unveiled at the
wakefield show, so again the answer to this may well change over the weekend!

> > Have TeX and Lynx (or any other Web Browser) been ported
> > under RiscBSD ?

  TeX compiled out of the box.  I use TeTeX.

  Basically, the message seems to be wait a week or so!

Ale.