Subject: Re: it's been a long time, this time...
To: Mirko VIDOVIC <mirko@cyberline.fr>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/13/1997 17:12:07
Hi,
welcome back,

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Mirko VIDOVIC wrote:

> hello there,
> it's been a long time since I didn't get connected
> to this list and I wanted to know what had happened
> to RiscBSD since last Winter.
>
> so, what are the new bugfixes, the last updates,
> I just downloaded sa110-4958 kernel, is it stabilized ?

Can't think of many big ones, netbsd is being used in digitals SA
net-computer prototype, which means some changes are going to filter
through.  The latest kernels are in the auto-build dir btw.

Apache works (so I'm told, see http://quatermass.ivision.co.uk/)

> I don't have ethernet card at this very moment, which one should I buy,
> when I get a 10baseT NC (as client)?

Not sure, never kept a close watch on the network cards..

> Have TeX and Lynx (or any other Web Browser) been ported
> under RiscBSD ?

Lynx and Mosaic are available (or compile)  I think Tex may compile but
I'm not really sure.

> What about a Java port ?

Don't know, not heard much about it.

A good place to look for questions is olly's search engine (searches the
archive of port-arm32) at:
http://noxious.muscat.co.uk/riscbsd/

Thanks,
Chris