Subject: Re: emacs, perl and display
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/06/1997 21:23:57
Rob Black wrote:
> Well, in theory we could emulate Solaris if Sun were ever to release Solaris
> for an ARM platform. Emulating a Sparc processor as well is rather more of a
> tall order.

Sparc on a daughter board? No - what I meant was, can't you build a
kernel with some of these uncommented

#options        COMPAT_SVR4     # binary compatibility with SVR4
#options        COMPAT_IBCS2    # binary compatibility with SCO and ISC
#options        COMPAT_LINUX    # binary compatibility with Linux
#options        COMPAT_FREEBSD  # binary compatibility with FreeBSD

#options        EXEC_ELF32      # 32-bit ELF executables (SVR4, Linux)

and then run the Netscape binary for the whichever one was uncommented?

Patrick