Subject: Re: emacs, perl and display
To: None <domisse@credm.com>
From: Jochen Scharrlach <jscharrl@BA-Stuttgart.De>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/06/1997 16:26:46
Hi,

> Emacs :
>
> When editing files it work fine but it display nothing when I
> edit a perl script !
> I've checked : i have the perl mode
> /usr/local/share/emacs/19.34/lisp/perl-mode.el and elc
> but don't seems to use it.

What do you mean "display nothing"? Do you have the latest Emacs-set
(the one with the separarted emacs_bn and emacs_sh)?

I just tested it. Perl-mode is activated, if one of the following
conditions is met:

* the filename ends with `.pl'

* the first line starts with something like `#!/usr/bin/perl'

* the first line contains the String `-*- perl -*-'

* if you force Emacs with `M-x perl-mode'

> Speed :
> RiscBSD seems to be really slower than my Linux 120 Mhz PC...why ?
> because og the lack of FP ?

Do you have a SCSI drive? The SCSI drivers are *very* slow :((

Bye,
Jochen

--
                      EMail:   jscharrl@ba-stuttgart.de