Subject: Re: etherH in NetBSD-current
To: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/06/1997 14:18:32
On Fri, 2 May 1997, Stefan Voss wrote:

> I think the reason for not configuring my etherH card is that the attach
> code is only testing for the existence of a PODULE_ICUBED_ETHERH device
> instead of testing all I-Cubed devices. Here's the code from
> podulebus/if_eh.c:

Yep this is exactly the problem. The ETHERHFLASH is the ID from the etherH
cards with flash rom which are the ones Acorn normally supply.

>   int
>   ehprobe(parent, match, aux)
> 	  struct device *parent;
> 	  void *match;
> 	  void *aux;
>   {
> 	  struct podule_attach_args *pa = (void *) aux;
>
>   /* Look for a network slot interface */
>
> 	  if (matchpodule(pa, MANUFACTURER_ICUBED, PODULE_ICUBED_ETHERH, -1) == 0)
> 		  return(0);
>
> 	  return(1);
>   }
>
> Is there any reason why other I-cubed cards (e.g.
> PODULE_ICUBED_ETHERHFLASH) are left out despite being mentioned in
> podulebus/podules? The ehattach code works ok for
> PODULE_ICUBED_ETHERHFLASH as well.

I'll fix this in the sources

It should read

if ((matchpodule(pa, MANUFACTURER_ICUBED, PODULE_ICUBED_ETHERH, -1) == 0) &&
   (matchpodule(pa, MANUFACTURER_ICUBED, PODULE_ICUBED_ETHERHFLASH, -1) ==
    0))
        return(0)

Cheers,
				Mark