Subject: Re: CDROM & SA110-4958
To: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/06/1997 14:14:00
On Thu, 1 May 1997, Robert Black wrote:

> Way back in the mists of time there was support for ATAPI CDROMs in RiscBSD but
> some changes made to the generic IDE code by the NetBSD core team broke the
> RiscBSD ATAPI support. One day RSN there is supposed to be generic
> cross-platform ATAPI support.

Erm I broke it ;-)

ATAPI support was provided by Manuel Bouyer's patches to the i386 wd
driver which I modified to patch the arm32 wd driver. However I have made
more major changes to the wd driver in order to use the bus space macros
etc and use the arm32 wd driver for the mainbus, rapide and ICS drivers.

As such it just measn that a bit more effort is required to apply the
ATAPI patches to the arm32 wd driver. So far I have just not had time to
sit down and do this.

Cheers,
				Mark