Subject: NFS Client
To: port-arm32 Netbsd <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wright <esvwh@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/05/1997 22:37:21
I'm having terrible trouble trying to read other peoples nfs shared
things. My friend on the same house intranet has a linux box with a few
shared directories, my home directory one of them. I mount it in the
/etc/fstab file in risc bsd but I can't even read the mount point
directory (Permission denied using ls with any options bar those which
don't include the directory).

I've tried using the most recent auto-build kernel (If you can call it
recent. It seems it is to be compiled later on this week and I don't
notice any temporal upgrades)

The server, on the other hand, works fine. I have shared /usr/local/src
and I can view it on the linux box and access the files.

I do have nfs_client=YES in netstart and nfs_server=YES too. nfsiod
loads four times (the default for my /etc/rc file I assume) and theother
one, nfsd loads maybe five times.

Can anybody help me to get this working please?

(A friend in the same house has an SA kernel and has the same problems -
I'm using a voyager kernel)

BFN, John

--
This message analogue signed by myself