Subject: Re: emacs
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tony@tonyh.tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/04/1997 18:46:47
In message <199705040912.LAA18217@amadeus.informatik.ba-stuttgart.de>
          Jochen Scharrlach <jscharrl@BA-Stuttgart.De> wrote:

> you probably missed my fix I posted a few days ago:

Oh yes, it's actually in my mail folder :-/. The fix worked and it's
installed now, thanks.

In Philip Temple's article in Archimedes World last August he mentioned
Emacs and said it kept crashing and he was advised to stick to vi.
However, I think he was referring to XEmacs which doesn't seem to be
available now - is that because of its reliability? How reliable is the
plain version? vi kept crashing when I tried to edit my .profile
earlier, but it seems to be OK since I deleted the file and recreated
it.

--
                       \  http://www.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/