Subject: *very* slow C++-compiler
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jochen Scharrlach <jscharrl@BA-Stuttgart.De>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/04/1997 21:13:45
Hi,

I'am just trying to compile the qt-library and compiling the C++-parts
is awfully slow: though the compiler gets over 90% of the user
cpu-time (more than 15M free!) the system often consumes up to 98% of
the cpu! This means that compiling a single file can last over an hour
:((

"often" means, that sometimes if I start "make", everything goes fine
but sooner or later the compiler hangs - the system stays usable,
though. One effect I noticed was that the compiler only uses 2Meg
while hanging, but a lot more when it works normally. The C-compiler
works fine, BTW.

My system: StrongARM, 32MB, Cumana II + 3GB Fireball, cc2721p1,
sa110_4958

Bye,
Jochen

--