Subject: Re: Display problems
To: Tony Houghton <tony@tonyh.tcp.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/03/1997 19:44:12
hi,

On Sat, 3 May 1997, Tony Houghton wrote:

> > From the mailing list archive I can see I'm not alone with the display
> > problems. I suppose there aren't enough of us without 17" monitors to
> > provide enough incentive to get it to work at 800x600 :-(.

When I tried it on my old akf18 it worked fine (you get 1/2 line of text
at bottom of screen that scrolled by earlier.)

> The other major problem is that the MDF compiled into the kernel seems
> to be very basic, and AFAICT you can't change mode usefully in the
> shell. setdisplay has some effect, but not the desired one until you
> start X. I did manage to get X going at 800x600x32K which is probably
> what I'll use in future, but it makes the shell all letterboxed.

Do ppl want a kernel with lots of 800x600 and 640x480 frequency settings?
I can do one based on the akf60 mdf if ppl want.  Note it'll be a bit out
of date by a week or so from current (I won't use my semi working in_cksum
though ;)

Chris G