Subject: Display problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tony@tonyh.tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/03/1997 19:24:08
>From the mailing list archive I can see I'm not alone with the display
problems. I suppose there aren't enough of us without 17" monitors to
provide enough incentive to get it to work at 800x600 :-(.

The main problem is that characters are corrupted at 800x600x256. At
first glance it looks like the bitmap of each line of each character is
rotated, but looking at it in colour in X, it looks a bit like the
effect I've seen when something attempts to plot at the wrong pixel
depth.

The other major problem is that the MDF compiled into the kernel seems
to be very basic, and AFAICT you can't change mode usefully in the
shell. setdisplay has some effect, but not the desired one until you
start X. I did manage to get X going at 800x600x32K which is probably
what I'll use in future, but it makes the shell all letterboxed.

--
                       \  http://www.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/