Subject: Re: Mouse won't work under X
To: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/02/1997 15:33:13
On Fri, 2 May 1997, Stefan Voss wrote:

> In message <6472b78347@tonyh.tcp.co.uk>,
>      Tony Houghton wrote:
>
> > I got X to start up, but it only got as far as displaying a frameless
> > window. The pointer wouldn't move and the window didn't have input
> > focus, so the machine was effectively locked up and I had to reset,
> > slightly corrupting the drive :-(.

you can use alt-F<n> to change back to a virtual console -

Ouch! - just tried it and twice in quick sussesion and X got very confused..

if it won't change then alt-printscreen takes the keyboard from x

if that dosn't work try pinging it from another machine on the net (if you
have a network that is) and if it gets through login and kill X

if that dosn't work reset ;-(

> A frameless window?
> Are you sure that you have started a window manager (fvwm, twm) in
> ~/.xinitrc ?

check the permission on /deb/mouse and /dev/quadmouse ...

--
I've got a
		 *Universal Turing Machine*