Subject: Re: disklabeling
To: Marcus Deubel <i105@stio1.fh-wuerzburg.de>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/01/1997 09:27:32
Marcus Deubel writes:
 > HI folks,
 > I have a fireball 2 GB harddrive. The disklabeling is no problem.
 > But when I read the disklabel the start and end cylinders of the
 > partitions are equal.For example:
 >
 > root-part:   0-166
 > swap-part: 166-***
 > So, how can I solve this problem? Do have to play with the partition size
 > in /etc/disktab until it fits?

There's no need to change /etc/disktab. This file only holds the
templates. Once the disk is labelled you can use 'disklabel -e
/dev/r???c' to edit the on disk label.

Whenever I get a new disk I rarely bother putting all the partition
sizes in /etc/disktab, just the geometry and the 'c' partition.

 > Ciao,
 >
 > Marcus Deubel

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"We could go to Dallas in November, 1963, stand on the grassy knoll and