Subject: Re: spring and Imake
To: Bevis Peters <bevis@apg.ph.ucl.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/26/1997 15:24:23
hi,

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Bevis Peters wrote:

> With the coming of spring I decided to update my aging 1.2beta RBSD setup
> (which has worked fine since I installed it last May ish), so I downloaded
> the latest BASE, COMP, ETC, MISC, MAN, TCSH sets, deinstalled some of the
> old stuff (including cc263, cc272) and installed these. After minimal
> fiddling it all works fine, except that when I perform an 'xmkmf' on my
> phd project code, I now get an error along the lines of
> "imake: can't find /usr/libexec/cpp"
> and indeed, a "find /* -name "cpp" -print" brings up nowt.

Have you tried "locate cpp"?  (note you need to have run the weekly script
in /etc, eg "sh /etc/weekly" as root, or have your computer running
riscbsd at 1 am on saturday or sunday night (check the cron files))

> Is there something subtle I have missed? The old cc272 worked fine for
> this. I've a RPC600 with 20/2Mb and the latest voyager kernel. All help
> appreciated.

Did you install the new compiler sets?  If you didn't you need to get the
cc2721 set, and the patch set cc2721p1 to bring you uptodate.

Chris Gilbert