Subject: Re: Communications package
To: Multiple recipients of list <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rich 'Wolflord' Bradshaw <nnzrik@unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/25/1997 20:53:24
On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Rich 'Wolflord' Bradshaw wrote:

> Does anybody have a working communications package compiled under RiscBSD?
>
> If so, would they be willing to email me the binary? Or upload it to an
> ftp site or web site?
>
> Any help gratefully appreciated,
>
> 	Rich

Sorry to follow up my own post, but the response hasn't been overwhelming
;-)

To anybody that is interested, the comms package called 'minicom'
filename: minicom-1.75.tar.gz

compiles and works fine on RiscBSD.

I downloaded this from the Linux section of the HENSA Unix archives.

Anyone know what silo overflows are? Are they serious?

On a possibly related note, running an X session using fvwm as the window
manager occasionaly goes a bit screwy. I notice a large amount of silo
overflows, no ibuf overflows and no uart failure.

What happens is, either the windows stop autofocussing, it remains on a
single window. Or it stops accepting keyboard input in X only. If I switch
back to a virtual terminal I can log in OK, and the X session is still
running.

Switching back to the X session, the problem still persists although I've
found it can be cleared by restarting fvwm. It doesn't need to be exitted,
just restarted.

I've tried pressing both ALT keys, as I can remember a while ago someone
suggesting that as a cure for something, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers,
	Rich

       http://www.bitsmart.com/bitsmart/?wolflord